Sunday, November 16, 2008

NILS UDO

Nils Udo, one of my all time favourite artists.... A German Sculptor who has been creating site specific sculpture in nature since 1972...

The Nest - 1975

"I smelled the earth, the stones, the freshly struck wood. I built the nest walls high and twisted the soil of the nest. From the height of the edge of the nest I looked down on the forest soil, up into the branch work of the trees and into the sky.
I heard the singing of the birds and felt the breath of the wind. In the dawn I began to freeze. The nest was not finished yet. I thought, high above on the edge of the nest squatting; I build myself a house, it sinks silently past the tops of the trees on the forest soil, openly to the cold night sky and nevertheless warmly and softly, deeply into the dark earth dug."


Summer In The Park - 1999



Waterhouse - 1982

"To design with flowers. To paint with the clouds. To write with water. To record the wind of may or the path of a falling leaf. To work on a storm. To anticipate a glacier. To arrange water and light...to take in a forest or a prairie... 
To open up the living, three dimensional spaces of Nature. With the slightest possible intervention, to electrify and transform the spaces of Nature into the spaces of Art..."



2 comments:

DoubleOhTwo said...

Really love this work, thanks Schmookie!

laura hita said...

i love this artist!thank you!!
laura from argentina