Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!

My last blog for 2008...Enjoying a glass of Pinot Grigio (one of my favs at the mo)....listening to Ella Fitzgerald...thinking about the year that has gone...looking forward to the new year...Took a few shots on my property (may be the last new years eve here)...I have to add a poem...after all I couldn't finish the year off without one...the one  below is written by Robert D. Fitzgerald from a book called "Forty Years' Poems"...got it at the library today...Before I go...I thank all who have been around  for me this year...I am a very lucky human being....love & light...signing off.... Schmookie (Sylvia)





The Toss

Life, toss up your florin;
"Heads", I call.
Regret be far & foreign
whichever fall,
whether for losing or winning
the stake scarce to be won -
it's a fine flash of silver, spinning
in the gay sun.

- Robert D. Fitzgerald

2 comments:

you-wee because said...

...the same to you!

Succuss & joy for the next 365 days!

Uwe.

schmookie said...

Uwe,

Vielen Dank für die Postkarte sandten Sie mir.. Es war eine nette Überraschung!

Wishing you & yours health & happiness...

Sylvia