Monday, May 11, 2009

Some new pieces and a bit of hope...

Some earrings I've made for the Contemporary Australian Silver & Metalwork Exhibition at Buda Historical House & Garden in Castlemaine, Victoria. The exhibition will be in June sometime... 




Hope is the Thing with Feathers

"Hope" is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without words
And never stops, at all

And sweetest, in the Gale, is heard
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm

I've heard it in the chillest land
And on the strangest Sea
Yet, never, in Extremity,
It asked a crumb, of me.

- Emily Dickinson (1830 - 1886)

4 comments:

you-wee because said...

Look into my ears, um, well, EYES!

;-))

Cool ear trinket (is this the right expression for an ear ring and does it sound not too pejorative?), Sylvia.

I feel I really hit the wall with my English when trying to talk about jewellery...
...sorry for that!

I especially like the ones with the cockle [Cerastoderma edule] motif...

Uwe.

David Neale said...

"soundless as dots on a disc of snow"
(i think thats how it goes)
...some Dickinson that I Remember- that Always makes- me Stop for a Bit- and knit my Brow.

schmookie said...

Hey Uwe,

Vielen danke..

Ohr Schmuck... earrings...

Ich hoffe dass es dir gut geht..Die bilder von der wisteria haben mir sehr gefallen...schaut toll aus..

Alles gute

von Sylvia

meglet said...

The first pair of earrings is my favourite! They are amazing!